One Inch Round, located in SE Portland, produces the highest quality pin-back custom buttons and button packaging for bands, artists, nonprofits, independent retailers, and businesses large and small. Celebrating our 21st anniversary as an artist owned and operated small business, we work hard to provide great products with excellent customer service.
Press Operator - July 29th 2021
Availability: Full Time
Wage: Starts @ $16.00 per hour + benefits
Hours: 8AM - 4:30PM Weekdays (occasional weekend shift based on production needs)
For 21 years and counting, our factory has mastered the art of producing consistent high quality buttons and magnets in mass quantities for rad people and companies, both large & small.
We're currently looking for Press Operators / Production Assistants to join our growing team. This could be the right job for YOU, but you've gotta have HUSTLE if you want to jam with us. Press operators produce buttons and magnets from start to finish including pinning, pressing, and packaging of all products. This job is ideal for task masters who enjoy focused, repetitive work and working with a strong team.
What does a Press Operator do?
Press operators are the "long distance runners" on our production team. You master the art of stamping out batches of buttons in a focused sustainable fashion and feed them down the production line. It requires body awareness, and fine motor coordination - but also mental focus and strategic awareness of how your contributions fit into the production schedule. Being self driven and even a little bit competitive with yourself can be a benefit. Duties include:
- Operate automated & semi-automated Button Press machinery with precision and speed
- Operate blister pack sealer, shrink tunnel, and other bindery equipment
- Maintain high product quality standards
- Perform routine maintenance activities to equipment and machinery
- Accurately prepare cartons for shipping: weigh and pack orders, ensuring all orders meet or exceed quantity ordered and case pack standards
- Accurately log your work into a productivity software interface, ensuring production quotas are met and job status is accurate
- Ability to lift 20 to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Strong sense of time management
- Excellent attention to detail & hand/eye coordination
- Ability to jump between tasks & jobs quickly and adapt to a fast paced, living, changing production plan
- The ability to work alone and as a productive member of the team
- Ability to stay focused and consistent while performing repetitive tasks
- Previous relevant work experience in a fast paced production line environment, such as screen-printing, food packaging, industrial baking, volume kitchen prep or assembly work preferred
- PTO and Vacation accrual.
- ICHRA (HRA) Health Benefits for full time employees
- Competitive 401K plan for full time employees
If you have relevant production line experience then we want to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com with a subject "PRESS OPERATOR JOB" and include the following:
- Your resume
- A little Information about yourself
- Why you think you would be well suited for this job
- Tell us why you are interested in working for One Inch Round & Badge Bomb
Thanks for looking!
One Inch Round Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.